Support the Podcast

Want to support the podcast? You can do so here:

Monday, November 23, 2015

The Doctrines of Grace - The Atonement


In this episode we continue our series looking at the Reformed Doctrines of Grace otherwise known as the doctrines of Calvinism. Next time we will be looking at the doctrine known as Limited Atonement so for this episode we are looking at the intent of the atonement. I argue that we cannot understand the EXTENT of the atonement unless we understand the INTENT of the atonement.

You can download this episode and all past episodes by subscribing on iTunes or on the Stitcher app.








Enjoy the show!

For more resources I recommend:


Redemption Accomplished and Applied by John Murray
The Atonement by Leon Morris
From Heaven He Came and Sought Her ed. by Jonathan Gibson and J.I. Packer

2 comments:

  1. I don't get the shedding of blood. I see man's blood more precious than an animal's blood, and I could see Jesus being perfect but fail to see why shedding blood ever became necessary in the first place. Did someone just decide it was a good idea and made it law in Old Testament? Perhaps more philosophical coverage of this. Seems to me killing animals was a good, efficient way to survive long ago as opposed to foraging for endless hours.

    ReplyDelete